Kids Martial Arts at Revolution MMA Benton Deters Bullies
“If I try to get help, it will get worse,” she wrote in her suicide note to her family. “They are always looking for a new person to beat up, and they are the toughest girls. If I ratted, they would get suspended, and there would be no stopping them. I love you all so much.” ~Globe and Mail.
This was a young girl’s suicide note to her parents. Take a minute right now and put yourself in her parents shoes. Imagine walking in and finding a note like that and a gruesome scene. I don’t mean to be graphic, but this is a real problem.
Do you remember being bullied in school?
Do you remember how it made you feel?
Do you remember the names of bullies from your school?
Do you remember bullying anyone yourself?
Chances Are Your Child Is Being Bullied At School!
The world we live in teaches kids that violence is the answer, it’s everywhere: the news, TV shows, Video Games, Internet, etc. Bullying is all too common these days. It happens right here in the Benton and Bryant Schools. Here is a review that was posted on one of the local schools sites:
” Officials are under the impression that ‘bullying does not exist in – - – - -’. In reality, bullying is overlooked.”
Make Beats Not Beat Downs is a non-profit uprising dedicated to presenting alternative help to bullies & the bullied youth through all aspects of music. Their research in to bullying has shown the following:
- - It is estimated that 160,000 children miss school every day due to fear of attack or intimidation by other students. Source: National Education Association.
- - 1 in 7 Students in Grades K-12 is either a bully or a victim of bullying.
- - 56% of students have personally witnessed some type of bullying at school.
- - 15% of all school absenteeism is directly related to fears of being bullied at school.
- - 71% of students report incidents of bullying as a problem at their school.
- - 1 out of 20 students has seen a student with a gun at school.
- - 90% of 4th through 8th graders report being victims of bullying
- - Among students, homicide perpetrators were more than twice as likely as homicide victims to have been bullied by peers.
- - Bullying statistics say revenge is the strongest motivation for school shootings.
- - 87% of students said shootings are motivated by a desire to “get back at those who have hurt them.”
- - 86% of students said, “other kids picking on them, making fun of them or bullying them” causes teenagers to turn to lethal violence in the schools.
- - 61% of students said students shoot others because they have been victims of physical abuse at home.
- - 54% of students said witnessing physical abuse at home can lead to violence in school.
- - According to bullying statistics, 1 out of every 10 students who drops out of school does so because of repeated bullying.
- - Harassment and bullying have been linked to 75% of school-shooting incidents.
- 35% of workers have experienced bullying firsthand (37% in 2007, given the MOE, essentially equivalent)
- 62% of bullies are men; 58% of targets are women
- Women bullies target women in 80% of cases
- Bullying is 4X more prevalent than illegal harassment (2007)
- The majority (68%) of bullying is same-gender harassment
How are you going to protect your child from becoming a statistic?
Who is going to prepare your child to walk with confidence throughout his/ her life?
I will! With our Kids Martial Arts program at Revolution MMA Benton, your child will learn to Walk With Confidence!
Listen, to this recent video from one of the students in our World Class Kids Martial Arts Program at Revolution MMA Benton :
Here, Tessa talks about signing up for Kids Martial Arts at Revolution MMA Benton to help her deal with bullying, and to be prepared for bullying that could occur in the future. Her parents made the smart choice to enroll her in Kids Martial Arts at Revolution MMA Benton as a way to prepare her for success in life. She is learning confidence and mental skills, as well as physical skills, like essential techniques and strength building exercises that will help her should she need them.
You also probably noticed that Kids Martial Arts training at Revolution MMA Benton is teaching her more than how to defeat bullies! She is also learning to value hard work. Thanks to her competition successes and experiences, Tessa learned that when she puts a lot of time, focus, and hard work in to her goals, she will achieve them and be rewarded. If she continues with these principles, she will see great success later in life when she goes to High School, College and later on in the work place! You can tell by watching the video she feels proud of herself and she has a lot of confidence. Kid’s Martial Arts classes at Revolution MMA Benton teache kids to walk with confidence!
Here’s 5 Ways Our Kids Martial Arts Program at Revolution MMA Benton Helps Kids Triumph Over Bullies
1. Situational Awareness - First and foremost, it’s best to avoid physical confrontations before they occur. Your child needs to know how to recognize a situation that is becoming heated or dangerous, and which situations and places to avoid all together. Kids who are enrolled in Kids Martial Arts at Revolution MMA Benton learn situational awareness in their classes.
2. Verbal Skills - Kids need good verbal skills. Verbal skills help a child diffuse a situation when it’s becoming heated. This prevents the situation from escalating in to a physical confrontation. Kids Martial Arts at Revolution MMA Benton teaches kids the right words to say and how to say them.
3. Physical Training - While it’s important to know how to avoid a situation or how to diffuse one, inevitably some situations escalate. In a self defense scenario, children who are in shape and healthy are able to escape attack. In addition to teaching kids to live a healthy lifestyle with proper diet and exercise, Kids Martial Arts at Revolution MMA Benton teaches kids the proper skills and techniques to use to keep themselves safe and escape a dangerous situation! Your child will also learn how to use proper judgement for his/ her skills.
4. Emotional Management - A lot of kids struggle expressing emotions and dealing with stress. Your child needs to know how to deal with his/ her emotions when faced with difficult situations. Your child needs know acceptable ways to relieve emotional stress, how to talk about problems, and who to talk to. Kids Martial Arts at Revolution MMA Benton helps kids relieve stress through exercise, and provides a safe environment with adults your child can trust to confide in.
5. Social Skills - Many kids are bullied because they lack social skills. Allowing your child to be in an environment where he/ she can learn how to make friends and get along with others can be instrumental in preventing bullies in school, as well as helping your child with career advancement. Kids who train Kids Martial Arts Benton learn essential things such as how to get along with a partner, taking turns, helping others, and working as a team.
Most Importantly, Your Child Needs A Positive Role Model!
It’s a proven fact that people emulate what they see. Kids act like the people they hang around with. Who is your child hanging around with? If your child hangs around 9 drug dealers, he’ll become the tenth for sure! Your child needs to be around kids and adults who act with confidence and handle themselves properly. This is a definitive factor in your child’s success! Enrolling your child in Kids Martial Arts at Revolution MMA Benton will allow your child to be around positive role models.
YOUR CHILD WILL GET ALL OF THESE THINGS WITH KIDS MARTIAL ARTS BENTON
If you are serious about helping your child gain the confidence to walk away from bullies, contact me right away and I’ll send you my E-Course to Bully Proof your child!
Revolution Mixed Marital Arts
17724 I-30 Suite 1
Benton AR 72019
In addition I’ll give you a complimentary introductory trial and conference to our Kids Martial Arts program at Revolution MMA Benton!